Planning to buy a new home in 2017? If so, the Humble, Texas area welcomes you. A diverse community that offers single family homes, condos, townhomes, and duplexes, you can find property that suits you, whether you are looking for an affordable family home or luxury property, highly rated local Realtor® Debra Lynn Leavings will find you the property of your dreams.
Amenities You’ll Find In Humble, Texas
Your specific housing needs are as individual as you are, but the Humble area offers what most people are looking for:
- The city of Humble itself has a median home price of $134,100, while the median in the greater Houston area is $222,000. The median household income in the city is $37,834, while that for a family is $46,399; since about 66.2% of owners pay less than 30% of their income for housing expenses, property in the city of Humble is considered affordable. The cost of living in Humble is 12.5% lower than the U.S. average.
- Modern housing stock. Over 91% of homes were built since 1990, which means that you can find relatively trouble-free newer housing within your budget.
- Luxury housing for the high end buyer. If you are looking for upscale housing, you will find developments such as The Groves and Park Lakes in Humble, along with many opportunities in nearby communities such as Kingwood or Fall Creek, that were designed with a master plan to include many amenities.
- Great schools. Within the award-winning Humble Independent School District, there are four public elementary schools, one middle school, and six high schools, plus a magnet high school. The system is one of the 25 fastest-growing school districts in the state, while offering students outstanding opportunities in scholastics, athletics, and the arts. While the city is near the great colleges of Houston, many students start out in the Lone Star College System, a community college based in the nearby community of The Woodlands.
- Located about 20 miles from Houston, Humble is a 22-minute commute away, which makes it an ideal location to enjoy the employment opportunities and culture found in a modern city. The area is well served with the large Deer Creek mall and many restaurants and local businesses.
- Humble residents can obtain top-quality healthcare at the Lyons Health Center operated by the Harris County Hospital District or at the Humble Surgical Hospital. The close proximity to Houston makes additional healthcare options available.
- Recreational opportunities. Within the city of Humble are four city-owned parks, plus additional county and state-managed parks in the area. The nearby Golf Club of Houston, located near Humble in an unincorporated area, hosts the Shell Houston Open, an annual PGA event held each spring before the start of the Masters Tournament.
Learning More About The Humble Area
The Humble area is great for families, but offers housing and amenities that will appeal to anyone, For more information about the great living opportunities in Humble and surrounding suburbs, give Debra Lynn Properties a call. At 713-472-3929.